Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND)
SEND Co-ordinator – Charlotte Oddie (Headteacher)
SEND Governor – Rosey Richardson (Chair of Governors)
SEND at Frizington Nursery & Preschool
Our objectives are:
- To identify and effectively act upon, at the earliest possible opportunity, barriers to learning and participation for children with SEND.
- To ensure our ‘Universal Provision’ is effective, in immediately addressing all the needs of SEND children.
- To ensure that every child experiences success in their learning and achieves to the highest possible standard.
- To work in partnership with parents.
- To work with the Governing Body to enable them to fulfil their statutory monitoring role with regard to the Policy Statement for SEND.
- To work closely with external support agencies, where appropriate, to support the need of individual children.
- To ensure that all staff have access to training and advice to support quality teaching and learning for all children.
Enquiries about an individual child’s progress should be addressed at first to the child's keyworker or Nursery teacher since he or she is the person who knows the child best.
For information regarding SEND contact Charlotte via the school office on 01946 810846
Please click on the link below to view the school's Local Offer of Special Educational Needs.
SUPPORT FOR PARENTS
There are a number of organisations which can offer support to parents who have children with additional needs.
These might be of interest: