Unfortunately toothbrushing in school has been temporarily suspended due to COVID 19
We are a Smile4Life school. This means that we work with our children and their families to reduce the high levels of tooth decay experienced by some children and to lay solid foundations for good oral health throughout life.
We are hoping to gain 4 'teeth' awards to celebrate our good work.
Further information you might be interested in can be found by following the links for each 'tooth' in the red box to the right of this page.
Tooth 1: Encourage Healthy Eating and Drinking
- keep all foods and drinks containing sugar to meal times
- snack on fruit and/or vegetable between meals
- drink only milk or water between meals, keep other drinks to meal times
Tooth 2: Encourage regular toothbrushing
- brush twice a day, including last thing at night
- use a smear (for under 3) or a pea sized (for over 3) amount of family fluoride toothpaste
- supervise brushing until at least 7 years of age
- spit, don't rinse after brushing
Tooth 3: Encourage the promotion of a healthier lifestyle
- do not smoke or use any form of tobacco
- keep alcohol consumption to recommended levels
Tooth 4: Visit a dentist regularly
- children should visit a dentist from birth
- children should be seen regularly at intervals between 3 and 12 months
- ask your dentist about fluoride varnish
- young people and adults should be seen at regular intervals as determined by their dentist
- for help in accessing a NHS dentist for routine or emergency care call your PCT dental number